Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Peach Tree



I planted my peach tree about 14 years ago and have borne fruit year after year except for the last three years which is definitely related to the drought in California for the past several years. I thought of cutting the tree last January as it did not bear fruit for the last three years. Fruit trees are normally deep rooted and can tap water stored deeper in the ground but with several years of drought, moisture in the ground probably got deeper.






Fortunately I did not cut it down; it looks healthy and had no reason to cut it other than it has not borne any fruit for a few years. I decided to keep it with the abundant rain last winter; I thought it may bore fruit again. Luckily, it did have a lot of flowers which I’m sure it will develop into fruits.



Every branch is loaded with pink flowers, I’m sure there will be a lot of peach fruit come summer and fall.

3 comments:

  1. You should have irrigated during the drought, doesn't have to be weekly, at least once a month deep watering would do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing the drought in California is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, now I can water my grass, not daily but at least it can now be watered several times a week.

      Delete