Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Wreath


Decorating for the holidays does not have to be expensive. This year I have not bought any decorations; including the Christmas wreath. I created a wreath out of existing Christmas decors and evergreens from my garden.

These are what I needed for the wreath:
1)      Metal wire, I saved the wire from last year’s wreath that I bought at a garden center
2)      Metal wire or raffia for attaching the evergreens and décor into the loop of wire
3)     Evergreens






 4) Decors, I used several Christmas balls and pine cones





  This is how to assemble the wreath:
1)      Make a loop out of the metal wire, make 2 or more loops for a sturdier base
2)      Attach the evergreens to the loop of wire, use a metal wire or raffia for this. Attach the evergreens  on 2 or more spots to make it more secure





 
3)      Attach the decorations


4)      Hang the wreath on the door using a ribbon. I used a red ribbon for this


With a few items and a little bit of imagination, the holidays doesn't have to be expensive.

2 comments:

  1. Your home made wreath looks lovely, it is as good as the one you can buy from a big box store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mad one too but not as good as yours.

      Delete