Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grape Vine 1


The climate of Southern California has long been recognized as ideal for growing grapes for making wines and for the table. Mists in the mornings, lots of sunshine, cool summer nights, ocean breezes along the coasts produce very good grapes which is ideal for making wines.

Wine growing in Southern California is mostly located in the Temecula Valley, Cucamonga, Ventura and San Diego Counties.

I planted a vine spring of last year. This year it already bears fruit. It has several long and healthy vines with dark green leaves.I am not sure what kind of grape vine I planted and hope the fruit will be sweet and good for eating. The color of the fruit is currently green but I am not sure it changes color when it ripens.  

I hope this grape vine is suitable for eating and not for making wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment